Saturday, November 26, 2011

A bit like arriving at a party 10 minutes before the cops-

I know I am hell of unfashionably late to liking Rustie, but I would like to briefly express my enthusiasm for his debut Warp full-length, Glass Swords.



SEINFELD BASS

It has the same fuck-you, everything-in-the-blender quality that made me like Squarepusher back when most people didn't know you could use blenders for that kind of thing, except that all the things going into Rustie's blender have been invented in my adult life and are as simultaneously esoteric and boring to me as is everything else about teenagers, so I can only enjoy them through these cavalier and disrespectful hybridizations.
Also, the Seinfeld-sounding-bass in that one track cracks me up every time.

5 comments:

  1. if you play these all at the same time it sounds like sharkilepsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any four youtube videos at the same time=INSTANT SHARKILEPSY DJ SET??!!!! This concept almost needs a separate blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j62_hApwDlU#!

    ReplyDelete
  4. spot on. ian, you should start a music review site. i love this record, but it does have the power to induce a headache. had to break it down into 3-4 song chunks to cope.

    ReplyDelete