Wednesday, February 18, 2009

muted

for the last two days I haven't talked much at all because of an extremely rawed-out throat, and needless to say, this means I have new YouTube channels for peoples to check out. If you didn't like my "those chicks are hot but wtf is he laughing at here" posts last time (Gray) you might give these a shot.

rhcomics - A dude, with those glasses, living in Queens, who hates a lotta shit and likes to tell people about it. Supposedly his entire video series is about "revenge". Occasionally he needs to get the fuck over himself but otherwise he's an amusing misanthrope. Occasionally he does funny cartoons as well, but it's obvious he tries to animate as little as possible.

AgentXPQ - A dude, with that hair, living in New York, who has a lot of problems with his girlfriend and other normal things, and likes to draw while telling people about it. Supposedly his entire video series is about "mere existence". Occasionally he needs to stop being such an introvert but otherwise he's a good observational humorist. His cartoons are usually pretty good if they're not funny.

thewinekone - This guy's all over the place, but one common thread running through many of his videos is his ability to take it to that one notch past "embarrassingly, inappropriately disgusting" to "I feel like a grandma now". A good (albeit long) summary is 100 things to do before I die (which doesn't turn out as motivational self-help book as it sounds).

If anyone besides me is using Logic, there's a good series by SFLogicNinja on random things. Most of the topics are not excessively esoteric, but a few are pretty cool little "I didn't know Logic could do that, or never though to look" things. Unlike some people who volunteer instructional videos on YouTube, he's not a total douchebag, either.

With my hardly-usable vocal chords, I tried going through a meeting at work today without talking, and instead using the OS X text-to-speech shit to say all my lines. I should let you know this was AWESOME. I barely had to say shit, and what I did say had to be necessarily simple, as the software can't get too fancy with the pronunciations (I discovered I cannot use words I usually use to approximate spoken speech like "gunna" instead of "going to" for this reason). It was the best office meeting evar, out of at least 9000 meetings we've had in the last 6 months.

After all the dustup with Anthony's deleted article I went back and listened to some of the Artificial Intelligence albums again, and I'd forgotten how much I actually liked a good deal of that B12 joint. Am I alone there?

3 comments:

  1. haha! jason stephen hawkings! and yes the SFLogicNinja videos are cool, i've watched a bunch of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do cuss words sound on that talking MAC deal? I bet you still sound smart.

    ReplyDelete