Thursday, January 29, 2009

We are the robots.......

A friend showed me some videos a week ago and i have been pretty much mesmerized by them ever since. The band is called the Rock-afire explosion and they used to perform every day at showbiz pizza and later on chuck-e-cheese's. After a few days of promising myself that I'd gather the nerve write the email, I got in contact with Aaron Fechter who designs these things and i think he's going to program a FNBGS music video. We are talking at the moment about the particulars, but i hope he'll cut us a little slack since we a are totally broke and seems like a cool guy. If everything works out we'll be taking a camera crew to his robotics studio and the rest will be history.




This is a MGMT video, robots programmed by Aaron Fetcher.



This is an Usher video programmed by Chris Thrash. It's "make love in this club" and I'm sure someone out there might by influences to make love to a robot in an animal suit in a pizza restaraunt by this.



If you poke around online you'll see that there is a little controversy surrounding this band of robots because of some videos by Thrash (a former associate{?} who owns a "rock afire explosion", as per his childhood dream) went viral. If you want to begin to peer down this rabbit-hole, check out this video of Mr. Thrash.



and then check out this thread.



more as this story develops.

Yr pal
AGL

10 comments:

  1. DO THE ANIMAL SUITS COME OFF??????? (For a hypothetical sqrt video?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this guy seems pretty intent on maintaining the integrity of the band's image. In fact, I'm most likely going to have to make a cleaner version of our mix, which is fine with me. I think playing techno (being a dj) feels like being a robot in a pizza restaraunt to more people than me..

    So the skins are going to stay on I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least he knows exactly what gets him excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. robotics.... They get me excited too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the reason I started to play drums was becasue of Showbiz pizza. That and the drummer from Alabama, cause he had the coolest out fits compared to the rest of those honky tonk fuckers. Actually, I think I gained a gambling addiction at that place too, play games, win prizes. And I was fat too. Damn, Showbiz pizza ruined my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. update!

    As our email dialogue continues we are getting closer to a dollar figure we can actually afford. I really think there is going to be a roadtrip down to Orlando before summer starts to film our music video. I've already started calling in favors to my friends that do filming and editing....

    We're doing the track selection now, but "man machine" is pretty close to the top of a pretty long list. any suggestions before we record? A more clever kraftwerk song/robot themed mash up perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  8. the senor coconut version would be hillarious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot! Sub Zero, Viking refrigerator repair IN ALHAMBRA

    ReplyDelete