Friday, March 5, 2010

In My Top Ten

Ok chodes, now that we've all been circle jerking about Autechre for two weeks, I'm gonna switch up the choonage a bit....

I put this up on my blog, too, but since shit is changin all the time over there, and since yawll prolly never look at it anyway, I want you to have this here, too:

THE JAM

This is a Cex b-side, unreleased in the U.S....it's one of my favorite tracks of all time. It's probably 10 years old at this point (I dl'd it off Cex's napster account in 2000)

3 comments:

  1. Hawt. I read your blog, Ben. It helps me have frustrating experiences with how Rapidshare is usually a piece of fucking shitty ass dogshit.
    RE: CEX. The other day my co-workers were all enjoying listening to The Postal Service. This is something that I cannot do, because of the shitty contrived mope-rock lyrics about fucking bullshit. But then I started thinking about seeing Ben Gibbard's other, even dumber band, Death Cab for A Bunch of Buttholes that one time, because Cex was the opening act and we all drove down from Asheville, not thinking about how he was gonna do disappointing white comedy rap. So then I listened a lot more closely to The Postal Service and it occurred to me that that Dntel guy's beats are just kind of like ersatz old Cex. Like, nowhere near as tight, but kind of pleasant in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog, too, Ben. You and Boomkat recommends are about my only sources of new electronic music that I wouldn't have heard about otherwise.

    And, I actually saw your question when you asked it, because I'm following him on tumblr - http://sangennaro.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to rock my door off the frame at Long Shoals with this one.

    ReplyDelete