Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lexaunculpt is baaaaaack


and on Planet Mu, as well, doing a duo album with Brad Laner (formerly Electric Company):


http://www.midheaven.com/item/mislead-into-a-field-by-a-deformed-deer-by-internal-tulips-cd

From the samples and writeup, it looks to be a very different incarnation than the glitchy, pad-and-string extravaganza Lexaunculpt I know and love. Even not at all like the Elcolex split that this same duo did a long while back.

I'm excited that he's back, but mildly frightened by the whole singing+electronic pop thing (because I don't really get down for that - it's why I stopped listening to Telefon Tel Aviv). I guess another album just like The Blurring of Trees wouldn't really fly now, but a guy can dream. Planet Mu usually puts their stuff up for listening on Lala, so I guess I'll get a chance to audition to see what's come out of his long absence.

Anyway, keep yr eyes peeled.

What else are you guys looking toward coming out? (Besides Oversteps.) Post it, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment