Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A story that reinforces the fact that I should spend as little time as possible in public

I was at Micheal's, the walmart of art supplies, the other day, and unlike everyone else in that store, I was flying a space ship with my head. I was right and in search of something that I could make odd custom packaging for random sqrt CD's. I was on the prowl. The music sucks in those stores anyway, and I left my mp3 player in the car cause I thought I would only be a moment. Then my spaceship's navigation system went down and I got lost, in a store. The music still sucked. An then this came on:




Still not out of place for being in the middle of Kansas in the middle of a suburban strip mall (see Airport Rd in A-town for those of yall been there in the last few years). But then, two isles over, I heard a dude fucking whistling the song, getting into it. Freaked me out, so I made a B-line for the door, and on my way out, I heard another chick fucking singing this song like she was on American Idol. I mean, I thought she was about to cry. Freaked me out.

I wanna write songs with words, so when people hear them, they cry.

4 comments:

  1. I published this post and went and closed that horrible youtube video, and saw that a fight had broken out in the comments, of this song. so I posted the following:

    I didn't expect to see a fight in the youtube video comments of the song that changed my life and made me realize my destiny. Maybe everyone should get a baby, your own one or a friend's, and take a big bite out of it's tasty, tender flesh, and sit back and think about what brought us all here to this place . . . where the eagles cry, on a mountain high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girlfriend woke up to the sound of me watching that vid on my phone. She was not amused. I feel bad for her - who should have to start their day like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i used to date a girl who insisted we make love to "circle of life". that's pretty much what got me into hard drugs and clown murdering


    AGL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it means you shouldn't go out. I think it means this song should be banned from all public places.

    Sometimes I go to Fred Meyer (NW supermarket chain) and they play something that just makes me want to get out of there, right then, right there. Usually it has some appropriately swanky saxophone part or an overwrought vocal performance.

    Last time I had a really averse reaction, it was due to some shitty Mariah Carey song. I'd tell you which one, but I didn't listen too hard, because I was afraid my head would explode and take my penis with it. I started pacing in frustration, got hot and had to take off my hoody, and then I felt like my hands needed something to do but I couldn't do anything with them, so I just held them out and looked at them shaking. Looking back on it, I realized they wanted someone to strangle.

    ReplyDelete