Saturday, March 12, 2011

James Blake



This new album is so good. I finally got tickets to see him in NY today. He's playing on Monday, but I'm going to see Godspeed. There was another show added that went on sale yesterday, but it sold out instantly and tickets were showing up on Stubhub for ~$200 (Ticketmaster can suck it hard). But they added a show at Le Poisson Rouge, which is a really nice club and they had tickets actual human beings can buy.

Gray - if you're at SXSW he'll be playing there, you should try to make it.

PDX people see here.

Did the Mount Kimbie show in Portland already happen? How was it? When I saw them here it kind of sucked because it was retarded crowded. They're playing here again though at this same club, though, so it should be better.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know man. I gave it one listen, but I still have problems with the whole singing thing. I prefer singers to sound like vaguely European aliens or gutteral demonthings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you have problems with singing in general?

    ReplyDelete
  3. singing and electronic-y music in general is hard to pull off for me (this includes hiphop - I'm not into D'Angelo or Bilal or any of that stuff because of this). Metal, rock... I kind of expect it, but I still want it to sound like Satan is making them sing, or their vocal chords are nearly broken.

    My only exceptions to those rules are awesome soul singers (James Brown, Otis Redding) and chicks whose voices I find hot (Björk, Lykke Li, whatever). Boorish? Possibly. Bonerriffic? Definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, for those like me who stupidly waited too long to get Godspeed tickets and didn't get to see them: http://nodata.tv/13936

    ReplyDelete