Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe

So I just stumbled across a post by AK1200 on a message board:

"I was booked for a show tomorrow, May 14th in High Point, at Aquarius Music Hall. It has been moved into Winston Salem at a place called Elliott's Revue, located at 701 north trade street."

This is hilarious for so many reasons:
1. It's AK1200
2. His "crew" is called Planet of the Drums
3. The original venue was in HIGH POINT for Christ's sake
4. It's at Elliot's Revue (hahahaha)
5. There are going to be soooo many confused/disappointed hipsters that night.
6. More jump-up/wobble than you can shake a stick at.

I kind of want to go just to witness the chaos that ensues. If you're in W-S you won't want to miss this trainwreck of a gig.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, even if AK1200 only has like 20 fans left, they'll put the place at capacity...
    I feel like either:
    A) This is a spectacular prank.
    or
    B) There was/is a problem involving cocaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a minute I thought this might be something that Anthony lined up. Pretty sure it's not a prank though. Now if it were Danny Breaks playing I'd be like ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu. We should be his MCs. Right 'bout now inside the ride we got the AK1200 'longside the MC Ian Dennis...MAKE SOME NOISE BOH BOH BOH SELECTAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, from what I hear, the place in High Point is an actual-ish venue, รก la Ziggy's or whatever. It is probably a place where it would make sense to have anything even RESEMBLING a party. Elliot's is very small, and narrow, and now remodeled to not even have a stage or anything. Granted there's kind of a redneck rave there like three nights a week (Hula hoops! Extant JNCOs!), but I think that those might be just so some scary dudes can sling coke out of the back room... I can't wait to know more about what has happened here, but my prediction is unhappiness all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. I learned that the Hi-Point venue balked YESTERDAY (day before yesterday, now) after hilarious glossy-ass rave flyer-cards had been going around for in excess of a month. Dunno if AK1200 actually showed at Elliot's. I stood around outside there for maybe 20 minutes tonight, mostly counting shoe-concealing pant-legs (in excess of 40!) around midnight. DUMB. He wasn't on yet, and my impression was that it would be a while, but so much about the mid-90's, where I abruptly found myself, makes me want to vomit in abject terror and listen to Nine Inch Nails while hiding in my room that I wasn't looking to hang out and gather anymore info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good detective work my friend.

    ReplyDelete