Saturday, January 16, 2010

Maybe The Wake and Bake Lifestyle Isn't the Best of Ideas

It is Saturday Morning, and I told my sister in law that I would do a DJ mix of pop music for her upcoming wedding dance (it is part of her first dance). This is family, and I was happy she asked me, it is mad easy and makes me look good with the in laws. Nothing crazy, I had to take 10 songs, get 15 second samples from them and throw down. So, I got up, got baked, made coffee, and got down on it. Then I realized I need record scratching samples. I have pretty much not used a record sample since I broke a turntable and threw a bunch of 45's across a street one drunken evening, so I had none handy so I hit the Internets.


This is where it gets a little strange, so all you veggie heads may not want to listen. If you like eating meat, you may not want to listen either. I searched on site for "record" and the 8th entry had the word "slaughter" in it. So I clicked it with out reading too much the tags and such, cause my head was right.


Listen here to get the full on effect I got or read on for an explanation before you listen.

Damn, I don't think anyone should listen to something like that at 10am. Wow. For those the with a weak stomach, don't listen to that link, it is a very high quality field recording of a bleeding out of a pig. Dude had super dope gear, and he made this in Spain, and I ate lots of Jamon when I lived in Spain. I now realize I may indeed be going to hell.

3 comments: