Wednesday, December 30, 2009

sqrt(ur mother) @ the Replay in Lawrence KS 12.22.09



The let me play a show in Lawrence! Can you believe that? I broke out a laptop, a XY midi controller, the old ass Oxygen 8 mk1, and the electronica kit I bought. The 12" being used for a cymbal trigger is a Jane Fonda Workout Record. I don't have good audio, just the camera mics, but here is a little sample. I will put the rest of the show up when I get them edited. (I have now added the other two parts of the set, part 3 has a good example of the drums).






5 comments:

  1. how do the drum triggers work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant hear the audio. can you r5 that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i mean, i can hear it, but its all garbled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. garbled is about as good as I can do, you have heard other music I have made. The drums are not very definate, they have lots of delay and "other" processing on them. This lets me put a "glitchy bongo" layer under my main parts.

    They work like so. I built the drums with contact mics and fiberglass window screen. Those are just like regular electronic drums that plug into a regular drum brain. I then plug them into a multitrack audio interface, and use a drum replacement software (in this case a copy of drum a gog I picked up as a studio intern). I then have my own sounds and efx chain that the drum run through. I did use scrubby a bit in this set. I also have efx mutes with the keyboard pedal set up as my HH pedal. I will put some pictures of the inards of these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. check this link out for a little more on the inards of these electronic drums

    http://crackercracker.blogspot.com/2010/01/electronic-drum-project.html

    ReplyDelete