Friday, November 27, 2009

cheap stuff

I saw this post on CDM about some upcoming deals on plug-ins that look pretty interesting. I'm especially interested in checking out the VCS knock-off. Also, audiomidi.com still has a deal going through Monday for AAS Ultra Analog for $15. I downloaded it a while ago, but haven't played with it much. It's a little thin-sounding to start, but the filters have a handful of different distortion algorithms that fatten it up pretty decently. Definitely worth $15 dollars at any rate.

Also, I've been looking at this guy's software, and it looks pretty interesting. It's all built in Max/MSP; Gleetchlab and Berna are both stand-alone sound-design toys. Gleetchplug looks sort of like that old PC program Granulab, except with tons more effects (convolution, feedback, delays) and a big ass matrix to route stuff. Berna is an emulation on an old electro-acousting/radiophonic type studio with a bunch of tone generators and "tape machines". Both of these programs are only 10.69 Euro (about $15 each).

I hope that this post will finally bump that Hudson Mohawke thing with auto-play sound off the main page.

1 comment:

  1. bless you for making that auto play thing go off the main page. bless you.

    I used to (aka still do) use granulab a bit. It is fun. Tape Machines make cool drones. I get lost in thicknesses.

    distortion algorithms? Right up my alley

    ReplyDelete