Monday, July 20, 2009

Bach


I had this idea that seemed like a pretty good idea at the time to do some hippy bullshit and make some crazed noise soundscape out of some classical music. I have always had a sort of vile disgust for Bach, so I chose him for my project. Originally, I envisioned taking a whole piece, not just a movement, and making this massive 20-30 min long musical abstraction of noisey hiss and pops. But, I think due to my age and attention disorders I have gained over the years of "hard livin" this turned out not to be a good idea. I had chopped all 6 movements of this Bach Cello suite apart, but I didn't have the patience to put it all together. Then, after a night of hard living, it dawned on me, this is a noise track for Christ's sake, play them all at one time. So, I played them all at one time, and now 20 ish minutes of pure Bach crotch funk is smashed into 4 minutes. Go team! I did do some funny things with the pitch shifting of each movement, and did run it through a pretty fun knob automation delay fun land fun. Pic was taken at my house, song was made at my house. It is noisey, and there are no beats involved, only cellos and distortions and feedback delays and distortion.

Track is here right click to download

2 comments:

  1. drunk, on a beach...if that beach was a mountain (cuz it is) and that mountain faced 240 (cuz it does). why cant i bring my laptop in the pool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tales from the Haunted K-Hole. A-plusssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete