Sunday, June 14, 2009

BFResident BFRrtist.

So as far as i can tell, i'm going to be a resident artist at the elsewhere collective in greensboro NC. A big part of my application/proposal to participate in this 6-10 week project involves a good deal of audio work. I don't mean to blow up the spot, but i used this blog as a reference to that. I was all like "yeah, most of these dudes are interested in theory and do electronic music.. i'm sure i could post some stuff and they'd help remix and interpret my documentation of this experience..." I assumed most of y'all would be down... but I'm going to officially ask if you'd mind helping me out with "DANCE MUSIC IS THE BOMB".



thanks
AGL

7 comments:

  1. uhhh, are you sure it is a good idea to get this crew to help you? what do we need to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulationzzz!! I have heard/seen nothing but rad things about Elsewhere, and have half-considered applying myself. I can help or at least not hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will your tambourine be involved?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My residency starts in July where i will start living basically rent free in greensboro sampling the "resonant frequencies of the objects i find in the collective". This pretty much means i'll be posting links to samples of me hitting objects against other objects (Chair/wall, plate/wall, fist/face) and mixing them into songs or soundscapes... they were really gassed about the idea of me having a "meta community" remix this stuff too... i'll post more deets later, but in the meanwhile just feign interest in case they're still reading this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sure i'll totally steal all your samples. i mean do a remix.

    ReplyDelete