Monday, April 27, 2009

bwaaaaaah wuh wuh wuh wawawawaaaaaaa

So first let me congratulate Ian on "soft times for hard times", a headbanger of an art show in Winston Salem... I hope he's gonna post some flicks, but if not i can hook it up next time I go the werehouse.

Next.. because of that show and the Jamz/El wedding I was,able to be in a coffee shop with 3 other BFR bloggers at the the same time... sort of a first for me ( since everyone lived in asheville)... so that was exciting. it went down sort of like this.



But getting down to business, I can't seem to shut up about Wobblers. They are those hammerfall dubstep tracks with a whipping lfo tweak the third beat of every measure. I thought i'd post the youtube vids, so, yaaaaaay. They aren't really that much to look at but damn do they wobble.


Caspa -Where's my money (duh)
caspa - my pet monster
rustie- bad science
chase and status - eastern jam
bar 9 - pussy hole
plastician and skepta - intensive snare
coki-ruff lovin
rusko-pro nails remix
zomby-aquafresh


yr pal
AGL DJ-1993-J

1 comment:

  1. i hadn't heard that rustie track yet...siiick.
    saw him at bloc and was severely disappointed....he is a really shitty dj.
    but i think he's one of the most original and exciting yunguns to come out of the list of new producers labeled "wonk." zomby, too.
    dubstep is turning out to be a lot like drum n' bass was...a lot of samey-ness and machismo coming from the more conventional producers, but still, the foundations are cool until they get exhausted. but then weird little gnomes on the sidelines take it and make some truly bizarre, beautiful shit out of it. like squarepusher and afx and photek and vibert and mike paradinas and venetian snares and etc. did with d n' b.

    ReplyDelete